Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday 7/15 Last Official Blog for Ed 2500

Today I am completing the requirements for my blog. I will turn it in for my points this afternoon. It is almost bitter sweet, to coin a phrase, but I have learned a lot from this experience.
I had no idea that there was so much information out there for technology in education.
I learned about RSS feeds and other sites that keep me up to date, with daily information that will be pertinent as I get further and further into the teaching profession.
Second, I actually learned something about Wiki's. I hope I get the appropriate points on this topic, but I will admit that I never made any changes to any wiki sites and this is the reason why. I logged on and created my own account, but the reality is that I didn't feel like I had anything to contribute. If I felt like I was an expert on something, I wouldn't have a problem, but I am not... so I couldn't make a contribution.
The bookmark sharing was awesome. In fact, I was at the college library and needed a site I couldn't remember and sure enough, I had put it on my delicious site.
Photo sharing was pretty cool. I like the idea of a legal sharing site where I don't have to worry about whether it is ok for me to use and music as well.
Podcasts are not new for me however I didn't realize that I could download them on my computer for later use so that was very useful.
I will continue to work on this even though it will be turned in for the points.
Thanks Dr. Davis. This was a super informative class and I believe that my final tech-badge will be greatly improved from 4 weeks ago.

International Educators