Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wiki, Brochures, Google Docs and other...

OMG. Does anyone else feel overwhelmed?
I feel like I should have nothing else to do but homework for this class.
There should have been a prerequisite that said we needed a certain level of proficiency to take this class. I must be an idiot.
OK now that I have vented, perhaps I can breathe.

Wikis look interesting. I was always taught they were unreliable and I suppose for research projects and papers, they aren't the most reliable, however I love the idea of using it for classroom projects. The kids can see the "wheels turning" as they post their comments and learn from each other experiences.

Google Docs was a waste of time. I see the potential but I couldn't get mine to download, nor could I receive other docs from other students. I was frustrated with this

Pamphlet is in progress. Cut and paste is fine but one day to get it done? WOW. OK here we go.

The rationale sounds worse than it is. It's just time consuming, but that's what teaching is all about.

International Educators